Amesbury provides a School Minibus pick up and drop off service in the morning and evening for Years 3-8. This environmentally friendly scheme is popular.
DBS checked drivers will ensure your child is picked up for school and dropped back to the allocated pick-up and drop-off point safely. The children are met at the school on arrival and are directed back to the minibus in the evening by duty staff. The drivers’ mobile number will be given to parents and drivers hold home and mobile numbers of parents and can communicate with you if last minute changes occur. Where possible, children will be collected/dropped at central locations or, if the route allows, to their door.
The charging is based on the number of days collections are booked. The routes will be planned depending on interest. The cost will be charged in arrears on the school invoice. There is a 50% discount for those children dropped off within a 2 miles radius of the school, due to the short journey time.
Current routes, for example:
• Morning route – Haslemere. From Half Moon Pub, Northchapel to Grayswood, Haslemere to Amesbury
• Morning route – Godalming. From Charterhouse, Witley, to Amesbury
• Morning Route – Petersfield. (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday). To Liss, Petersfield.
• Evening Route – Godalming. To Charterhouse, Mark Way
• Evening Route – Haslemere. To Haslemere, Grayswood, Chiddingfold
• Evening Route – Petersfield. (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday only) To Liss, Petersfield.