Nine Amesbury pupils came in the top 10% in the country in a junior computing competition and two were in the top 10% in the intermediate competition.
These pupils have been awarded Gold certificates by the university and are invited to take part in the next round of the competition.
What are the Bebras?
- The Bebras Computing Challenge introduces computational thinking to students.
- It is organised by Hertford College Oxford University in over 50 countries and designed to get students aged 6 to 18 all over the world excited about computing.
- Each participant answer questions that focus on computational and logical thinking.
- Anyone can participate, the questions only require thinking skills
Who took part at Amesbury
- All pupils in Year 6, 7 and 8 took part.
- Year 6 and 7 in the Junior competition in which there were 87,115 participants and year 8 in the intermediate competition where there were 155,818.
- Pupils have already received their certificates and we are very proud of everyone for having a go.